Carolyn is one of the founders of Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C.
Carolyn has focused her legal career to one area of the law — divorce and family law. This dedication means she has the experience to handle the most challenging disputes that arise in divorce cases. She understands that our clients come to us at one of the most difficult times of their lives. Because their case will have a huge impact on them and their family, she knows her job is to bring peace of mind and protect our clients and their family.
With Carolyn’s focus on divorce and family law, she has been appointed by Marital Masters and family law judges to serve as a Guardian ad Litem in cases. Her experience and skill in divorce and family law was recognized when she was selected by other attorneys to serve as Vice Chair of the Family Law Section for Merrimack County Bar Association. Because of her knowledge and excellence in his area, Carolyn has been selected to serve as a lecturer for legal education seminars for other lawyers on family law issues.
- Law School: University of New Hampshire School of Law, J.D., 1993
- College: Assumption College, B.A., cum laude, 1990
- Author: Don't Ignore Inheritances in a Divorce, February 10, 2009
- Author: "Division of the Pre-Marital Trust or Inheritance," N.J.B.J., Summer 2004
- Author: "Relocation of the Principal Residence of the Child," 40 N.H..J. 18, 1999
- Author:"The Fading Voices of Children in Litigation," 34 N.H.B.J. 11, 1993
- Author:"Courts, Class Actions and Children," 34 N.H.B.J. 60, 1993
- Author: "Emply Nest-Will Post-Majority Educational Support Ever End in New Hampshire," 33 N.H.B.J. 455, 1992
Carolyn has been involved in some important family law cases before the New Hampshire Supreme Court:
- In re Fontaine, 157 N.H. 640 (2008).
- Johnson v. Coe, 142 N.H. 182 (1997).
Each attorney at Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. is committed to New Hampshire through community service organizations and volunteer work, serving on boards of organizations and through the firm’s financial contributions. Please see a list of Community Involvement to which we have most recently given our time and financial support.