You may. In order to be eligible to take leave under the FMLA, an employee must
(1) work for a covered employer,
(2) work 1,250 hours during the 12 months prior to the start of leave,
(3) work at a location where 50 or more employees work at that location or within 75 miles of it, and
(4) have worked for the employer for 12 months.
The 12 months of employment are not required to be consecutive in order for the employee to qualify for FMLA leave.
- Posted in FAQ Categories:
- Family and Medical Leave