How Do I Start A Divorce?

In New Hampshire, a divorce officially begins when a Petition for Divorce is filed in appropriate court. Once the Petition is filed in Court, it must then be served on the other spouse. Alternatively, some spouses agree to file a Joint Petition for Divorce. The filing of a Joint Petition for Divorce eliminates the necessity of completing “service” upon the other party.

You will need to provide your lawyer detailed information in order to start the process. To give you an idea of the needed information, please use our firm’s New Hampshire Divorce and Family Law Checklist

Posted in FAQ Categories:
Divorce & Family Law

We Are In Association With