How Can Child Support Be Modified?

Child support may be modified three years after the entry of the last order of support.

Otherwise, child support can be modified, prior to the expiration of three years after the entry of the last order, only if a substantial change in circumstances has occurred. Substantial changes of circumstance would include things such as the loss of a job, a change in parenting rights, etc.

Any agreement between parties to modify child support (either upward or downward) should be in writing and filed with the Court; otherwise, it may not be enforceable by the Court in the event of a future dispute.


Posted in FAQ Categories:
Divorce & Family Law

We Are In Association With