Whistleblower Complaints

What Is A Whistleblower Claim?

In New Hampshire, there are generally considered two types of Whistleblower claims. The first type is a Whistleblower complaint filed under New Hampshire’s Whistleblower Protection Act. This process provides for the filing of a Complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor for what an employee believes to be a violation.

The second type of Whistleblower’s Complaint is sometimes referred to as a wrongful termination or wrongful discharge claim. The facts under certain wrongful termination claims relate to an employee’s refusal to participate in certain illegal conduct or an employee reporting certain wrongful conduct which results in that employee’s termination.

Please go to Wrongful Termination for more information


What are the Requirements to File a Whistleblower’s Complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor?

There are strict requirements that need to be complied with such as whether or not you reported the violation to the employer, is there a grievance procedure, how long was the employer given to correct the alleged violation, did you participate in any investigation, hearing or inquiry or court action or what was the alleged illegal order that you were asked to carry out. These are just some of the facts related to filing a complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor.

Why Should I Hire Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. as My Employment Lawyers

Many lawyers claim to have employment law experience. Also, many lawyers try to have it both ways and represent employers and employees. Our focus is on the employees.

Our employment lawyers regularly represent clients at the Department of Labor, EEOC and New Hampshire Human Rights Commission as well as try cases to juries in Superior Court. Please contact us for an immediate, free consultation at 1-800-240-1988 or complete our contact form online.

We Are In Association With