Slip and Fall Injuries

Do I Need Photographs Of My Injuries?


Maybe you’ve heard the expression that “a picture is worth a thousand words.”  It is important to take photographs of your injuries as soon as possible before they start to heal or fade. You should also take photographs of prescribed treatments.

These photographs will be used to support your claim because they demonstrate your injuries and pain and suffering.


What Should I Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?

First, seek medical attention for your injuries. In severe cases, this may require an ambulance for transport to the Emergency Department. Sometimes, injuries from a slip and fall accident may not develop immediately, but rather, several days later. In this situation, it is very important that you be examined by a healthcare provider.

Should I File An Accident Report?

Work related accident report

Yes. A report provides a record of your accident and provides important details like what the conditions were at the time of your accident and identifies witnesses. The report can be used to strengthen your claim.

Who is Responsible for My Slip and Fall?

Under New Hampshire law, property owners are responsible for injuries that occur as a result of a dangerous or hazardous condition on their property, which the owner knew about or should have known about. Governmental organizations may also be liable for a slip and fall. However, there are special reporting requirements for making a slip and fall claim against a governmental organization so time is of the essence.


What If I Slip And Fall At Work?

Depending on the facts of your situation, you should speak with an attorney to discuss your rights. Most work-related injuries are handled through a workers’ compensation claim and you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits.

What Type Of Damages Can I Collect In A Slip And Fall Accident?

There are a variety of damages recoverable in a slip and fall case. They generally include reimbursement of medical bills and expenses, lost wages for missed work and compensation for pain and suffering.

What Is My Claim Worth?

The value of your claim depends on the facts and circumstances of your accident and the nature and severity of your injuries. Determining the value of your claim requires an experienced slip and fall lawyer because it is necessary to negotiate with the insurance company to make sure you’re fairly compensated. 

Do I Need a Lawyer for My Slip and Fall Case?

Insurance companies have experienced adjusters and lawyers and rely on the fact that many slip and fall victims do not get a lawyer. They count on that you do not know the fair value of your injuries. Because slip and fall cases can be difficult, most slip and fall cases require an experienced slip and fall lawyer to assist you. The lawyer will initiate an investigation to preserve evidence and identify and locate witnesses. Having an experienced lawyer on your side will protect your rights and make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries

Why Should I Hire Douglas, Leonard & Garvey?

In slip and fall cases, you are dealing with insurance companies. They have their own experienced lawyers and adjusters, who want to pay you the least amount of money for your claim.

The insurance company needs to know that you have an experienced lawyer who is willing to take your case to court. Many lawyers claim to handle these cases, but Douglas, Leonard & Garvey has the reputation and experience you want in situations like this.

We Are In Association With