Whistleblower Complaint

What Is A Whistleblower Claim?

In New Hampshire, there are generally considered two types of Whistleblower claims. The first type is a Whistleblower complaint filed under New Hampshire’s Whistleblower Protection Act. This process provides for the filing of a Complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor for what an employee believes to be a violation.

The second type of Whistleblower’s Complaint is sometimes referred to as a wrongful termination or wrongful discharge claim. The facts under certain wrongful termination claims relate to an employee’s refusal to participate in certain illegal conduct or an employee reporting certain wrongful conduct which results in that employee’s termination.

Please go to Wrongful Termination for more information.

What are the Requirements to File a Whistleblower’s Complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor?

There are strict requirements that need to be complied with such as whether or not you reported the violation to the employer, is there a grievance procedure, how long was the employer given to correct the alleged violation, did you participate in any investigation, hearing or inquiry or court action or what was the alleged illegal order that you were asked to carry out. These are just some of the facts related to filing a complaint with the New Hampshire Department of Labor.

What If My Employer Retaliates Against Me For Filing A Complaint?

It is unlawful to retaliate against a person for opposing employment practices that discriminate based on sex or filing a discrimination charge, testifying, or participating in any way in an investigation, proceeding or litigation under state or federal sexual harassment laws.

Do I Need to Hire an Employment Lawyer?

Yes. Employers and their insurance companies have experienced lawyers on their side. Because of the different laws protecting employees’ rights, it is important to have an experienced employment lawyer represent you. Having a skilled and experienced lawyer representing you will level the playing field against your former employer. Many victims of illegal employment make the mistake of not consulting with an experienced employment lawyer. An employment lawyer can explain your rights, whether you have an employment case and, if so, what damages you may be entitled to receive under the law.

How Will My Employment Lawyer Get Paid?

Like most employment law cases, Whistleblower cases are typically handled on a contingency fee arrangement. This means that an attorney does not get paid until you recover damages in your case.

Why Should I Hire Douglas, Leonard & Garvey, P.C. as My Employment Lawyers?

Many lawyers claim to have employment law experience. Also, many lawyers try to have it both ways and represent employers and employees. Our loyalty is simple – we represent employees.

Our employment lawyers regularly represent clients at the Department of Labor, EEOC and New Hampshire Human Rights Commission as well as try cases to juries in Superior Court. Please contact us for an immediate, free consultation at 1-800-240-1988 or complete our contact form online.

Our guide, How to Choose an Employment Lawyer, provides answers to some questions you may have about hiring the right attorney for your case. Our Video Library may answer more of your questions.

We Are In Association With